Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ladybug Portraits

It is the best of both worlds for Christy Zamboni.  She gets to homeschool her four children and run a growing business as a photographer in the Phoenix area.  Christy is the one behind the camera for Ladybug Portraits

Photography has been a lifelong passion for her.  During college, she worked at a photo lab, and after college, she spent seven years working in a portrait studio until she struck out on her own.  "When I left the portrait studio, I pursued working for myself more, to support my habit," Christy chuckles.

She has been in business for herself for about 15 years.  She started with family and friends, and then began accepting other clients through word-of-mouth.  Her specialties are family, teens, children, babies and pets.  She works mostly in the West Valley, although she will travel east for an additional fee.


*portrait used with permission from Ladybug Portraits


Photography is a family affair in the Zamboni household.  "One of my older daughters accompanies me on my photo shoots as my assistant," Christy says.  "They (my children) have also helped me address and stamp mailings to clients."  Above and beyond actual participation in her business, the creative aspect of her business allows Christy the opportunity to both teach her children about art and learn from their creative expressions.

The nature of the photography business makes it fairly family-friendly.  Christy is able to focus her attention on her children and their schooling during the weekdays, and turn her attention to sittings and events on the weekends.  "As my kids get older, I have more time to dedicate to my photography," she admits.

One of the things she has been able to do within the homeschooling community is to offer portrait days for homeschool groups at a fraction of the cost of a regular, full photography session.  "I also happily offer a discount to homeschool families for full sessions," Christy says.

Her portable studio can take your portraits in your home or an outdoor location.  Contact her on Facebook for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment